A Carli Gift boxes adds extra flavors to the festive season: discover them!
“We have always known our suppliers in person and we share with them the passion for things ‘done well’. Without them, it would be impossible to generate the excellence that stems from the enthusiasm of those working alongside us in creating a sustainability guideline and in giving value to the project for a better world”.
Research, awareness, focus on:
values and objectives with our staff and suppliers
sustainable farming practices
the land and its economic and production frame
400 suppliers, 4 Divisions, 4 Codes
1 - The Olive Code
2 - The Goodness Code
3 - The Beauty Code
4 - The Delivery Code
1. The Olive Code
small and very small extra virgin olive oil producers in our Oil Division
It is the tool that allows our oil suppliers to constantly monitor the sustainability level of their farming and processing activities. Starting from shared values, it envisages 4 fields of focus with clearly defined objectives:
- Resources: reduce energy consumption, eliminate the waste of water, abolish non-recyclable waste.
- Society: respect basic human needs, guarantee safety at the workplace.
- Land: keep the soil healthy, guarantee crop healthiness, protect the ecosystem, preserve the natural landscape.
- Production: comply with sustainability parameters, marginalize the use of fossil fuels, drastically reduce wasting.
2. The Goodness Code
60 suppliers of food specialties, packaging and complementary materials of our Food Division
The Division is committed to achieving the objectives set down by the Goodness Code with regard to two basic macro-areas:
- Products: sustainability of all phases of production of the food specialties (cultivation, resources, technology, persons)
- Packaging and materials: reduction in the quantity of materials and use of recyclable, biodegradable and renewable materials
3.The Beauty Code
15 suppliers of cosmetics and packaging of our Cosmetics Division
The Beauty Code is the guide shared by Mediterranea and by its suppliers for achieving and upgrading concrete results throughout all aspects of the production chain:
- Products: composition based on the best quality olive oils and on exclusively natural ingredients
- Land: protection of the lands and of the tradition of medicinal herbs cultivation.
- Packaging: reduction in the quantity of materials and use of recyclable, biodegradable and renewable materials
- Enviroment: reduction in the use of energy and of non-renewable natural resources.
4. The Delivery Code
140 owners-operators of our Transport Division
This Code shows the actual commitment to continuing our ‘door to door delivery’ tradition. We reduce vehicle fuel consumption thanks to best practices and proper behavior regarding:
- Planning and rationalization of routes
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Driver conduct
- Correct waste disposal